Sunday, January 11, 2009






Posted with LifeCast




Good group today for the ride. 7 guys including me. 9am meet up at Pure Austin for some coffee. Andrew Yates' Beef and Pie production company is providing their coffee shop the beans. Good stuff. Rolled out up along the Shoal Creek trail, through Pease Park, Shoal Creek and eventually to Walnut Creek. Covered pretty much all the trails out there and then headed out making our way to some trails off of 360. John and Drew decided to bail out at this point and headed back downtown. Did a little lap out there. I was getting pretty spent at this point. Probably wasn't taking in enough fuel. Plus being on the singlespeed with these guys takes its tole, especially on the road. End up getting spun out. My buddy Stewart Stafford is a stud. Texas State champ multiple times. Andrew Yates is pretty fast too. Old men, but they put me in my place everytime. Rode with a dude Brian Lampert for the first time today. Lot of fun, you can tell he just has a blast on the bike. Was like riding with a little kid. Brian, Stew, Andrew, and Brian headed down 360 towards the Greenbelt to finish it up. I had to bail at this point. No way I would have been able to hang on 360 with a tailwind. did the Far West climb over to Shoal Creek and back home on the East Side. 50 something miles before it was done. Perfect weather.

No comments: